The single biggest factor that makes marketing and promotion work is content. Whether you’ve hired a marketing service to promote you or you’re doing the work yourself, you need to be putting out informative content on a consistent, ongoing basis.
Through the power of quality content you can form bonds of connection with potential and existing clients… eventually transitioning them into loyal fans and repeat customers.
Recently, I was on the phone with a client and his rep at a newspaper marketing service. My client asked the rep what made the difference between people who saw good results from their service and those who did not. He replied that it came down to one thing — how much content the client provided!
As someone who’s been promoting people online for the last 15 years, I’d say he was spot on. Without content, purchasing a marketing service is largely a waste of money – unless they’re creating content for you as well.
Unless you hire someone to create content for you, the task of content creation will be yours. Creating content when you’re selling information products or knowledge-based services is easier than for some other types of businesses. Creating content for the average brick and mortar business can sometimes be tricky.
Here are some take-aways from this example:
- Think about your audience and their needs and interests. Curate or createCreat content to address those needs.
- Ask other people for ideas and use their quotes to flesh out your articles and blogs. This can be a big time-saver. It also has the added benefit of cross-pollination. Most likely the people you quote will share the article with their audiences.
- When you get exposure in the media, be sure to use that as content on your blog and social media platforms.
- Dive deep with your content and let it spin off into more. For example, in the video, a time-saving tip to use crock-pot cooking led to including crock pot recipes.
What are some of your content creation ideas? Please share them below.
And would you do us a favor to help get the word out about The Future of Ink? Click here to share these tips with your friends…thanks!
Latest posts by Marnie Pehrson (see all)
- Connect with Your Audience Through the Power of Content - October 9, 2013
- The Inside Secret to Increasing Likes, Comments and Engagement on Social Media [Video] - July 17, 2013
- How to Harness the Power of Quantum Collaboration to Create Superior Content [Video] - June 3, 2013
- How to Use Facebook to Do Market Research for Your Digital Products [Video] - May 8, 2013
- How to Use Facebook to Reach Your Exact Target Audience [Video] - April 10, 2013